I'm not normally one to set new years resolutions because let's face it they never last. I am however going to set myself some small goals, which I'm going to work on.
1. Eat healthier - aim for 3-4 portions of fruit & veg a day in the short term and 5 in the long term
2. Drink more - I never drink enough and reckon I must live in a constant state of dehydration
3. Remember to take medication - ok, I've never had a great memory for taking medication but I'll do my best
4. Take a vitamin supplement every day - I know the jury is still out on whether they help or not, but I'm going to try anyway
5. Get 7 hours sleep a night - I've always found 8 hours a bit too much, but I should be able to manage 7
6. Pamper myself
7. Learn to relax - maybe some meditation perhaps? Definitely, build some relaxation into every day
8. Learn to reply more on God to sort out my worries
9. Make time to exercise - start with 30 minutes 3 times a week
10. Lose weight - If I can successfully do the above then losing weight should be easier.
11. Keep a tidier house - do my chores every day and make sure I keep on top of things better.
I'll update on my progress once a week on a Wednesday/Thursday.Just click the badge in my sidebar - the one which looks like this...
What are your goals for 2011?
Today is my first day back to work since I got sick the week before Christmas. I have instructions to go straight to Occupational Health to see if I'm fit for work and to see what they can do for me. I seriously doubt they can do ANYTHING for me, but I guess I'll turn up and wait to be told that. It's not that I'm cynical or anything, it's just that I've worked in Occupational Health for a stint when I was a nurse and I really, genuinely don't think there's anything they can help me with...not that my own doctor/nurse don't already have in hand anyway.