Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

Saturday 1 January 2011

Everything tastes weird

Since I got sick I have noticed something odd...everything tastes weird. Not the best thing to happen when your appetite is in your boots anyway. I noticed it a few days ago. All of my old favourites just taste...odd. Pepsi just tastes of chemicals, the potatoes I ate for lunch yesterday also tasted of chemicals...everything just tastes "false" or like chemicals. It's not the kind of total lack of taste sensation that you get with a cold either. Things don't taste as good as I remember them tasting and eating seems to have become a chore because of it. Hopefully it's all connected with the recent chest infection and will sort itself out.

We went round to a friend's house last night to see in the new year with their family. It was nice to get out for a few hours after being couped up in the house for so long - and it was nice to spend new years eve with somebody. Normally it's just us 2 sat at home...

In other news, I've published a much reduced posting schedule at Adori Graphics for the next month. It's kind of killed me to do it, but I know that I need to do this for a month or so at least. Normally I must spend maybe 30 hours a month just writing posts for the blog, that's before I start making freebies. Anyway, I've hated having to cut back in this area but I know it's for the best. I'm going to draw people's attention to it today and just hope that people understand my need for more time away from the computer.  On the bright side, there will be less posts on Adori Graphics, but maybe more posts on this blog as I may actually have a life on which to provide some updates LOL.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Happy New Year!

Glad you got out and were able to spend time with some friends.

I completely forgot all about it until Matt asked when we wanted him to pour the drinks!

I can just about smell and taste food so I can sympathise completely with you in your state right now. Not good!

Don't worry about the blog - I'll be in touch with ideas etc. soon. xxx

My Diabetic Sweet Life said...

I think my taste is coming back now - sloooooowly LOL.

We really need to catch up soon Amanda, I've missed our chats!

Post a Comment