I posted my goals for 2011 earlier and now I can provide a little update on my progress so far. I've been working on these for a week and can proudly declare that I have made some small areas of progress already...woo hoo!
Goal 1. Eat healthier
I'm aiming for 3-4 portions of fruit & veg a day in the short term and 5 in the long term. My appetite still isn't back to normal but I'm doing my best to make sure that when I do eat, it is something of nutritional value. I'm managing to eat at least 1 meal a day now, often 2, and I'm probably eating about half of what I make. That IS actually progress as I wasn't even hungry most of the last 2 weeks. Now I feel hungry, but I just get full too quick. Still, it's progress.
2. Drink more - I never drink enough and reckon I must live in a constant state of dehydration
Actually I'm not doing so well with this one yet, but I'm still working on it.
3. Remember to take medication - ok, I've never had a great memory for taking medication but I'll do my best
I've been doing pretty good with this too, only 1 missed dose. But hey at least I'm getting my health back on track right?
4. Take a vitamin supplement every day - I know the jury is still out on whether they help or not, but I'm going to try anyway
Full marks for this one, altough I did nearly forget once.
5. Get 7 hours sleep a night - I've always found 8 hours a bit too much, but I should be able to manage 7
I'm in bed for 7 hours, does that count? I'm not getting 7 hours sleep for sure, but I've always found that hospital stays rearrange my sleep schedule for a while.
6. Pamper myself
Hmmmmm...not managed this one today, but I've been having a nice relaxing bath most other nights. I'd forgotten how nice it was to just chill out!
7. Learn to relax - maybe some meditation perhaps? Definitely, build some relaxation into every day
I guess this is closely linked to the above. Pampering is relaxing right?
8. Learn to reply more on God to sort out my worries
I have prayed for help with things that are worrying me and that does always make me feel better. It's just that sometimes I get bogged down with worry and forget that I can have help with it!
9. Make time to exercise - start with 30 minutes 3 times a week
Hmmm....not too good at this one either but then it's hard enough just breathing at the moment!
10. Lose weight - If I can successfully do the above then losing weight should be easier.
I've lost 16 pounds from middle December to now. Obviously it's down to illness rather than dieting, but I need to make sure that it doesn't go back on once the appetitie kicks in fully.
11. Keep a tidier house - do my chores every day and make sure I keep on top of things better.
I've been doing great at this, although it has helped working afternoons only!