Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

Tuesday 4 January 2011

Thanks for the prayers

Just wanted to thank those of you who were praying for my sister with me. She rang last night to say that she was feeling MUCH better. I can't believe how quickly her antibiotics kicked in. Whenever I have a chest infection it takes a good 3-4 days before I start improving. I'll admit to feeling a tad jealous LOL.

Onto other things, I'm back at work tomorrow and am in the progress of negotiating a staged return...meaning that I work reduced hours for the initial period. It's a good way of getting back into work when you're in that grey area where you're not sick enough to be off work completely, but you're still feeling a bit grotty and tired. I can do this by using holiday, but the company also does a program where you don't need to use your holiday days...but I'm still waiting for my manager to tell me how I do that. As long as I don't need to work 3 full days this week I'm not really bothered how it's done, since I can just use holiday anyway. It's not that I'm lazy, I'm just worried about overdoing it.

In other news, I've decided I should take a leaf out of my cat's book. I mean, how can you deny that this is one chilled out cat? LOL

7 comments:

Krizia said...

Glad ur sister is feeling much better Louise. This is is my first time to comment here so Happy New Year!!!

My Diabetic Sweet Life said...

Hi Krizia, nice to see you here on my rather quiet personal blog LOL. I'm hoping this blog will see some more action now that I've cut back a bit on my graphics blog. I might actually have time to lead a life and have something to blog about now he, he....

Happy new year to you too, hope you have a great 2011!

Michelle said...

That is one relaxed cat. We should all take some tips from him.

Amanda @ A. D. Freelance said...

Glad to hear sis is improving. The power of prayer and antibiotics!

Will you both fit in that cat bed?;) Reminds me of my Dan who often sleeps on the dog bed in front of the fire! Good job the dog is a big dog but even so he's so tall he doesn't fit on the bed entirely - guess that's why the pillows, blankets & even the duvet have been known to arrive in the lounge!
I'm also relieved to hear that you are doing a staged return to work - very sensible. Hope work organise it rather than you needing to use up holiday.

Jennifer said...

I love that picture of your cat! That's how my cats look most of the time :)

ernie said...

I really love the cat in this picture...

My Diabetic Sweet Life said...

yeah, he looks like "butter wouldn't melt" LOL

Post a Comment