Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

Thursday 21 July 2011

And now for something completely random

Thanks to all for your kind comments. I have read every one of them and appreciate all of my precious readers.

Today's blog post is kind of random - just a few thoughts and observations, as well as a little news.

My lovely father in law
Rest in peace

Shopping
I'm still gathering ideas for my new office/study as I'll be starting my course in a few weeks. I desperately need a bigger desk and somewhere cosy where I can study in peace. I've decided to go with a calming natural theme and have got a good idea what I'll be getting now. You can check out my ideas at Pinterest.

I just love this big desk - plenty of room for my docking station and everything else that usually clutters up my (much smaller) desk.


In the 4 years that we've lived here we haven't decorated a single room and now we're getting desperate. Our hallway is painted eggshell magnolia and is soooooo badly stained it's not funny. I mean who decorates a hallway in eggshell paint? Anyway, I have some original paintings to hang on the wall and just bought this great shoe storage thing today at Ikea. Cute isn't it?
I'll post some pics when we're done - just need to find some lighting now.

New car
Andy picked up a new car last week. It's a Honda Civic and very space-agey. The voice activated stuff is getting a little irritating though as it's basically impossible to remember all of those commands. Thankfully it is Andy's car and so I don't need to learn how to operate it. If you have one I'd be interested to know what you think of it and what kind of problems you've had with it.
Hospital funny
Ok well we didn't have much to laugh at this week but we did get a laugh at this...
£1 coin operated wheelchairs at the Scunthorpe General Hospital. I have seen it all now! Does hospital management think they're running a supermarket? I mean...really?!

Cruise ports
Just a note to let you know that I'll finish posting vacation pics shortly. Next stop was Geirangerfjord I believe!

Tough decisions
I have been making some tough decisions about the future of my blogging and designs. I simply cannot keep up with what I have been doing over the last 18 months so regrettably, something is going to have to go....maybe not permanently, but at least in the short term.  I'll post more about this later. In the meantime please be patient with my slower responses to email as I have quite a backlog now due to events of the last couple of weeks plus the vacation. I'm about a month behind right now!

Ok well that WAS kind of random but hey ho....

2 comments:

Madison Sanders said...

Love that desk! I've gotten caught up on your posts. I'm glad your FIL went in peace. My Granddaddy is very sick, so I know a little bit of what you went through. Even though I may not always, comment I do come on here. :)

Breathing In Grace said...

First of all, still thinking about you and all you've gone thru. Secondly....how long ago did I tell you to please take care of yourself!!! You do way too much, especially since you don't get compensated for a lot of it!!! It's wonderful to be kind to others...but not to the point where it infringes on your health!!! Okay....I shall climb down from this soapbox now!!! You know I care about you, my sweet friend!!! HOPE you have a much better week!!! Keep in touch!!!

Post a Comment