Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

Thursday 4 February 2010

A little personal reflection

As I said here, lately I've been feeling really tired the most exhausted I have ever felt in my life. It's my own fault really. You see I think I was put on this earth to help people and, that, coupled with the fact that I dislike confrontation, means that I never say no. It's the same at home, work, whatever...and this is great for other people, but I find that it's making me stressed, tired and ill as it inevitably results in me taking on too much. The end result is that I get grouchy and stroppy and then start snapping at people because they've pushed my buttons. When I think deeper into this I realise that I haven't been entirely fair here because I'm sure many people wouldn't have pushed my buttons if they knew I was feeling very fragile at the moment. And they probably wouldn't have gone as far as pushing my buttons if I'd said "no" occasionally. In effect, I denied them the opportunity to deal with a person who as being completely honest and open.

So, now I know what needs to change it's just a case of "how". It's hard to change 34 years of being "me". And I need to make sure the "right" bits change LOL.

In other news, I've been on a training course at work all week. It's on "6 Sigma" which is basically business tools that you can use to strive for perfection in various things that you do. We use the tools a lot at work and I have some good ideas how I can use those tools to improve my blog or to increase the chances of getting things right first time. That will involve some planning though so it's a long term thing...definitely no extra work for now LOL.

So anyway, what's new with you?

1 comments:

The Thompsons said...

Ha ha ..don't change..just "adjust" some things.LOL

Post a Comment