Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

Saturday 19 June 2010

Day off...woo hoooooo!

Those of you who follow my design blog will know that I have been busy converting my old style backgrounds and headers into the new style templates. The work that has been involved has just been...well quite frankly....ridiculous! I'm wondering what I've started and have, at times, totally regret ever starting it, but I will continue. This will be a great addition to my blog and will make it sooooo much easier for people to use my templates. Just in case you're interested, this is what is involved in making that switch to the new new downloadable templates.
  • load them onto a test blog
  • format the blog
  • make the extra bits (like post dividers) that I didn't already have
  • load all those extra bits onto a test blog
  • copy all the code
  • insert it into a Google Doc
  • take screenshots
  • format/crop the screenshot
  • upload to Photobucket
  • actually writing the post
...and then repeat for the Stretch version....it's taking about 4-6 hours per template AT LEAST. Aaaaarrrrgggghhhh!

But today is my uncle's 50th birthday and I'm going to see my family and spend the day with them. We're not a very close (extended) family and I haven't seen some of them since my grandma's funeral 3 years ago. It will be nice to catch up. We'll be spending some time with my folks before we go to the party so I'm looking forward to that too.

I'm going to go enjoy my well earned day off now - talk later and have a nice day everyone.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

That's awesome that you get to see your family. We just did it for my in-laws last weekend. It was great to get to know the nieces and nephews a bit better.

Hopefully, this change over won't take you too long. I get starting a job and then going "What was I thinking?"

Amy J said...

You certainly do deserve a day off! I hope you enjoy it. I'm with you on starting big projects and then saying, "What was I thinking?!" But, in the end, it always pays off.

Post a Comment