Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

Thursday 5 November 2009

Diets. The recession (again). Vegetarianism/pescatarianism

Sorry guys...its another food related post I'm afraid LOL.

Roday I wanted to talk about 2 things:
1 - people keep asking me how the diet is going...or not going
2 - pescetarianism/vegetarianism/anything related to it...and the recession again

First, the diet. Well I'm trying not to call  it a diet because well its just off-putting, but for the last couple of weeks I've done pretty good. I've had a couple of slip ups during each week, but on the whole I've managed a minimum of 5 portions of fruit and veg and also reduced my salt/sugar intake. So far so good...not sure what the weighing scales think yet...I'll let you know in a couple of weeks.

And now onto the other things, I was just reading on the news that in the recession more people have been staying away from meat and have become vegetarian (not eating anything killed at all) or pescatarian (eating fish). Personally I am not a huge meat lover, particularly if its processed meat, but I do succumb to eating meat most days. I generally stick to white meat though as I prefer chicken/turkey over the other meats. I'd probably eat pretty much vegetarian if I lived on my own, but I don't and it's just easier to cook the same thing. We do try to have a couple of meat free days a week now though, partly to save money and partly because its a good way of squeezing in some more veggies.  I was also wondering about trying to add in a fish day - I'm not a fish fan at all (unless it's hidden under batter or a layer of mashed potato LOL) but I guess I could grin and bear it for the sake of my health. Ok I'm rambling so I'll shut up now.

Today's questions...you know how I'm nosey...
Any one eating less/more meat/fish/veggies due to the recession. Any veggies or pescies out there? Or vegans?

0 comments:

Post a Comment